09.00 - 16.00Contact Details
The first Sino-portuguese mansion in Phuket town, Ban Chinnapracha was built in circa 1903 during the era of King Rama V. The mansion was the former residence of Phra Phithak Chinnapracha (Tan Ma Sieng), son of a local tycoon Luang Bamrung Chinnaprathet (Tan Neow Yee), who were originally from Fujian province in China. This kind of mansion is called Ang Mor Lao by the locals, which means “Western-style building” in Hokkien Chinese. Part of the mansion is now renovated as The Blue Elephant Phuket, the world’s famous Thai restaurant and cooking school.
Contact: 98 Krabi Road, Tambon Talat Nuea, Amphoe Mueang Phuket, Phuket. Tel. 0 7621 1281, 0 7621 1167 or www.blueelephant.com/phuket