08.00 - 17.00Contact Details
The oldest temple in Chiang Mai town, Wat Chiang Man was built in 1296 by King Mengrai of Lanna kingdom. The temple is famous for its Lanna-style chedi supported by rows of elephant-shaped buttresses. The beautiful Lanna-style ordination hall enshrines an ancient Buddha image named Phra Kaew Khao, revered by Chiang Mai locals. Wat Chiang Man is situated off of Ratchapakhinai Road in the northeast corner of the old city.
Opening hours: 8.00 am - 5.00 pm